Terms of Charter
Governance Future in Forestry NZ Committee Culture Principles:
Future Foresters have been established as a special interest group under the New Zealand Institute of Forestry. Therefore Future Foresters is governed by NZIF and their Rules as an Incorporated Society and its Code of Ethics. NZIF is an industry body dedicated to promoting the highest professional standards. As a program administered by the NZIF, Future Foresters will have a diverse, skills based management committee, with a Chair, and members appointed by the Council. The Future Foresters Committee will report to and be accountable through appropriate delegations to the NZIF Council.
Partnerships and alliances:
The Future Foresters Committee functions to meet the requirements of the NZIF Council and its members. However, to ensure that the Committee members remain current regarding related developing global issues and employment development knowledge, the Committee will develop linkages with other organisations.
Future Foresters Culture Principles:
- Strong employment growth, retention, and promotion within the New Zealand Forestry Sector.
- Participation irrespective of race, religion, creed, or political convictions.
- Observe and practice neutrality, independence, and impartiality.
- Seek to educate members and communities.
- All activities will respect NZIF professional code of ethics.
- Future Forester membership is not restricted by age or experience level. We trust you to decide if you are the "Future"
- Members are not be required to be a NZIF member, however it is encouraged
- Membership as a 'Mentor' will be strictly monitored. We want to insipre & develop our Future Foresters in the best way.